HeartCode BLS is the AHA’s blended learning delivery method for the BLS Course. Blended learning is a combination of eLearning, in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on session.
Who should take this class?
Designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and pre-hospital settings.
You should receive your eCard immediately after class. We guarantee delivery within 1 business day.
- HeartCode BLS is the eLearning component of BLS blended learning. It uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills. After completing the eLearning component, students will attend a structured Instructorled course that focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols and skills testing
- After completing the course, students should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of team dynamics in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
- Includes in-facility and prehospital tracks; student chooses his/her track before starting HeartCode BLS modules
- Includes 10 modules, 5 eSimulations and two video tutorials
- eSimulation cases include: Two adult two-rescuer BLS cases; One child one-rescuer BLS case; One infant two-rescuer BLS case; One infant one-rescuer BLS cases
- Summary of critical concepts provided for each eSimulation case
- Virtual debriefings provided immediately after each eSimulation, with hyperlinks to the referenced section of the BLS Provider Manual
- Includes the following downloadable resources: BLS reference card; alogorithms; team diagram; summary of high quality CPR components; skills testing checklist; and AHA Chain of Survival
- Online access to the BLS Provider Manual
- Multiple choice, 25-question exam to test cognitive knowledge
- Certificate of completion available to print after HeartCode BLS modules and simulations, exam, and course evaluation have been completed successfully
- Access to all information in the course for 24 month following activation
Part 1 must be paired with a hands-on skills practice and testing session (Parts 2 and 3) with an AHA BLS Instructor. Students who successfully complete Part 1 receive a certificate that allows them entrance into a skills practice and testing session. An AHA BLS – Basic Life Support course completion card* will be issued upon successful completion of all three parts.
- 15-1400 HeartCode BLS Online Key
AHA HeartCode BLS – Online Skills Testing Dates
|There are currently no classes available. Please contact us at (714) 705-6111 or e-mail us at email@example.com.|