ACLS is an advanced, instructor-led classroom course that highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology. In this course, skills are taught in large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented.
Who should take this class?
The Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider Course is designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. Through didactic instruction and active participation in simulated cases, the student will enhance their skills in the recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, immediate post arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes.
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of ACS and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills simulated clinical scenarios that encourage Active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
Upon successful course completion, including demonstration of skills competency in all learning stations and passing the CPR and AED skills test, bag-mask ventilation skills test, a Megacode test and a written test, students will receive an ACLS provider card*, valid for two years.
- 15-1005 ACLS Provider Manual, includes ACLS Pocket Reference Card Set
- 15-1007 ACLS Pocket Reference Card Set (set of 2)
We can also schedule 1-on-1 ACLS Training at one of our locations in Anaheim, Garden Grove, Torrance and Rancho Cucamonga.
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with 3 dates that you are available to attend the course along with the nearest CPR Hero location listed above.