The Heartsaver® CPR AED course is designed to prepare students to provide CPR and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner. Heartsaver courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
Who should take this class?
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements.
- Medical emergencies
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Opioid-associated life-threatening emergencies
- Child CPR and AED use
- Infant CPR
- Optional modules in child CPR and AED use and infant CPR
- Optional exam
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Course is updated with the new science from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card* that is valid for 2 years for an AHA course. For an HSI CPR course, students will receive a 2 year HSI CPR ecard after the course.
During the AHA course, an AHA Instructor conducts video-based lessons and works with students to complete their CPR and AED skills practice and testing.
- 15-1020 Heartsaver CPR AED Student Workbook with
– Heartsaver CPR AED Adult Reminder Card
– Heartsaver CPR AED Child and Infant Reminder Card