The Heartsaver® Pediatric First Aid CPR AED course is designed to meet the regulatory requirements for child care workers in all 50 United States. It teaches child care providers and others to respond to and manage illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives. The course covers the Four Steps of Pediatric First Aid and modules in:
- Pediatric First Aid
- Child/Infant CPR AED
- Adult CPR AED
- Asthma Care Training
The modular classroom-based course is designed to be flexible and allow Instructors to teach either Pediatric First Aid, CPR AED or both.
Who should take this class?
- Camp counselors
- Child care workers
- Foster care workers
- Others responsible for children including parents, grandparents, babysitters and guardians
- Youth group leaders
Pediatric First Aid basics
Illnesses and injuries (topics include but are not limited to)
- Bleeding and bandaging
- Allergic reactions
- How to use an epinephrine pen
- Bites and stings
CPR AED and choking
- CPR and AED for children
- How to help a choking child
- CPR for infants
- How to help a choking infant
- CPR and AED for adults (optional)
- How to help a choking adult (optional)
- Designed to meet the training requirements for child care workers in all 50 United States
- Classroom format is ideal for learners who prefer group interaction and feedback from an Instructor
Upon successful completion of the course, students receive a Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED course completion card* valid for two years.
During the course, an AHA Instructor conducts video-based lessons and works with students to complete their first aid, CPR and AED skills practice, and CPR and AED skills testing.
- 15-1038 Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Student Workbook (Sold Separately)
- 15-1040 Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Quick Reference Guide (Sold Separately)
Heartsaver® Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course Dates
|There are currently no classes available. Please contact us at (714) 705-6111 or e-mail us at email@example.com.|